10 VTL partners met in Fulda and declared themselves ready to actively support the Green Logistics project in the VTL general freight operation in order to work out the Network Carbon Footprint (NCF). The plan is to create a table with distances and weights that will facilitate CO2 calculations for individual consignments. At the same time the intention is to create tools for working out client’s individual CO2 emissions.
Taking part are:
* GERICKE & Co. GmbH, Hr. Peer Helbig,
* Hintzen Logistik GmbH, Fr. Janine Breuer,
* Spedition Hoss GmbH & Co. KG, Hr. Lothar Klatt,
* Jos. Rux Spedition GmbH & Co. KG, Hr. Matthias Rux
* Kontinent Spedition GmbH, Hr. Thomas Rödiger,
* Kraftverkehr Emsland GmbH, Hr. Arno Boll,
* Loxx Logistik & Spedition GmbH, Fr. Wiebke Röhrich,
* Ludwig Häberle Logistik GmbH, Hr. Michael Abele,
* Richard Müller GmbH & Co. KG, Hr. Jens Schreiber,
* Spedition Wüst GmbH & Co. KG, Hr. Matthias Schork,
It is in their pioneering role of actively living out environmental awareness that the partners see the advantages and benefits of this multi-month project, with it being possible to achieve a greater effect as part of a larger operation. As numerous shipping agents are already asking about and taking into account their transport partners’ logistics methods, working out the NCF can thus also be defined in terms of practical and marketing advantages for VTL. Last but not least, it means that the CargoFamily will be well positioned if the new standards get introduced in 2012.